Sunday, August 16, 2009

Girl Talk

Had the pleasure of spending the weekend in Baltimore at my soon to be sister in law's for her bachelorette party. Her sister threw it for her and hired a personal chef to make dinner for us girls on Jane's roof deck. It was a beautiful night with the Baltimore skyline in the background. We enjoyed good wine, sangria, and a FIVE course dinner! Being the foodie that I am I was so looking forward to it! The first course was heirloom tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, and a vinaigrette. The second course was seared scallops on a beet risotto with some Parmesan-Reggiano cheese on top. Third course was pan seared salmon with a spicy peach salsa and a green salad. Fourth course was a crusty french bread topped with brie and ox tail (which tastes a lot like roast beef) with some gravy drizzled over it all. Finally the fifth course was dessert which was a mini german chocolate cake and vanilla creme brulee. DELICIOUS! It was served at such a relaxed pace, too. We started eating at 6:30 and finished the last course around 9. What a perfect way to spend an evening. The rest of the night was spent enjoying wine and girl talk. It's amazing what time with girlfriends will do for your mood and spirit! I came home today feeling so relaxed and rejuvenated. Good thing since I start work tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment